Benefits of having a business blog
Posted: Wednesday February 19 2020
By: Abbie Coleman
In the early days of the internet, blogs were mainly written by people who wanted to share their thoughts or experiences; they were online diaries. These days, more and more businesses use blogging as a marketing tool.
Benefits of having a business blog
Abbie Coleman formed MMB Business Club to bring credible and informative articles for working mum start up businesses and beyond in Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax . To ensure you had the best information from business experts in their fields and other business owners who had made mistakes and shared how to avoid making the same mistakes they did. MMB Business club has a wealth of information for working mum start up businesses through to those more established businesses. From PR advice, to legal business advice make sure your part of our MMB Business club community on your business journey.
By Lisa Slater
A business blog is a fantastic way to communicate with your existing customers and potential new customers. Statistics from leading marketing experts have shown that on average, businesses with a blog generate 67% more leads than those without.
Here are 5 benefits of having a business blog that show exactly why companies that blog get better online results.
Having a blog improves SEO
Search engines, such as Google, continually crawl the web to find the most relevant pages to list in their search results. Blogs help your pages get higher rankings in several ways.
- Your blog will naturally include keywords and search terms relating to your industry.
- Google likes websites that regularly add new and relevant content.
- Blogs help you create more quality backlinks which shows search engines that your site is useful.
- If your blogs are interesting, then you’ll keep readers on your site longer which shows search engines that your site is relevant.
You can use your blog to showcase your expertise
You can show your readers that you are experts in your industry by sharing relevant, interesting or useful content. This helps you build relationships with customers and potential customers. Statistics have shown that 82% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content.
A blog helps you build brand awareness
Blogs are a fantastic way of building brand awareness and showing people your brand personality. They give customers an insight into the type of company you are. The more blogs you are sharing and the more they are being shared, the more your brand is getting seen online.
Use your blog to increase your social media presence
There is no point having social media accounts for your company if you don’t have an audience or engage with that audience. Blogs are a brilliant way of increasing your social media following. If you are sharing valuable content, then your followers will want to share it with their followers. The more people that see your content, the more people will want to follow you.
A blog will drive traffic to your website
A link to a blog post is more likely to get clicked than an advert because it isn’t just trying to sell something. People are attracted to blogs, especially if the content is valuable. They will then go on to share the posts too. Blogs also improve SEO, so you are more likely to get found in searches which helps you attract more visitors.
Get the best from your blog
Getting results from your blog takes time and effort. It’s no good writing content your audience isn’t interested in or creating posts that nobody knows are there. You need to choose relevant subjects and market your blog effectively.
Read the latest MMB Business club articles for your business here
* The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.